Materials: Wood, plexiglass, spray paint, electrical wires, hanging wire, rice paper, small light bulb, nails, wood glue
My original sketches suggested an idea for an Art-Nouveau inspired clock. The design would be rectangular and hung on a wall, supplied with a light, watercolor backdrop, and small black clock hands. This task proved to be too difficult (awkward placements of everything, drilling and cutting glass, etc.). I had to simplify my design greatly.
While retaining major concepts from the clock idea, I strove for a minimalist approach. My final outcome was a black Deco light, with a removable black stripe (on behalf to the viewer's personal preference of positioning it). A small nightlight (approx. 5 watts) was used over a stronger bulb. I wanted the soft, glowing feel to the simplistic design. My idea is for this light to be placed in a bathroom with matching interior design, but this choice is completely left to the one who wishes to own it.
(click on the images for a larger view)



I was very happy with the outcome, and felt this idea was much stronger than the initial one, despite less composition. I plan on looking into lighting design in the near future thanks to this project.
No comments:
Post a Comment